Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Great October Reads!

It's October and if your like me, your looking for just the right hair-raising book to read. I have made a list of a few of my favorite scary books to share with you.


First we have the Ghost Story. A great example is Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender. What I love about this one in particular is It's vintage feeling. This book is not that original, but It's way better than the other ghost stories I've read.


Next up is Horror. The Devouring by Simon Holt is my personal favorite for one reasons, that reason being it actually has a good plot, many other horror books I've read don't have an engaging plot so the author tries to make up for it by adding blood and gore.


Third is Suspense. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick is Suspense and Mystery, but I didn't have any other Suspense books... This book keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time.




Second to last is Thriller. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan is a great Thriller, Thriller's are like Horror, but with less gore and more suspense. This is an awesome Halloween book because it has... *Drum Roll* ZOMBIES! 


Last, but definitely not least, Mystery! I've always loved reading "Mystery" books around Halloween. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting is a Murder-Mystery (the best kind). Mystery's sometimes have Thriller/Horror aspects to them that just make them that more amazing!








Other scary books you should check out: The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod by Heather Brewer, The Hollow by Jessica Verday, Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, Paranormalcy by Kiersten White, My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent and A Living Nightmare by Darren Shan.

1 comment:

  1. Corey,

    I think you did a great job summarizing some scary books for the Halloween season. I'm always looking for good books to read. Now I know where to come to find them! Keep it up!

    - Mrs. K

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...