Sunday, October 10, 2010

Stolen by Lucy Christopher

Title - Stolen
Author - Lucy Christopher
Publisher - Chicken House
Release - May, 4th 2009
Rating - 5/5

Summary - Sixteen year old Gemma is kidnapped from Bangkok airport and taken to the Australian Outback. This wild and desolate landscape becomes almost a character in the book, so vividly is it described. Ty, her captor, is no stereotype. He is young, fit and completely gorgeous. This new life in the wilderness has been years in the planning. He loves only her, wants only her. Under the hot glare of the Australian sun, cut off from the world outside, can the force of his love make Gemma love him back? The story takes the form of a letter, written by Gemma to Ty, reflecting on those strange and disturbing months in the outback. Months when the lines between love and obsession, and love and dependency, blur until they don't exist - almost. 

Review - I'll admit, I was a little hesitant to start "Stolen", but when I did, I couldn't put it down.

The plot was just so foreign to me. Before this book, I have never read anything about abductions. It's a nice break from the fantasy kick I've been on.

Gemma was a strong character, but not exactly relatable. If I was abducted I would be way more scared than Gemma was in the book. Her attitude is what kept me turning and turning the pages. To see how she'd react next.

I never felt sorry for Ty, but I can see why people would. Ty is like the typical stalker, but not the typical abductor. In the book Ty never hurt Gemma, in fact he did the exact opposite, he did everything he could to protect her.

I am so glad I finally read this book, the writing style pulled you right in, having only two main characters in the book made it so you can focus on the plot more, and the characters personality are very original.

I think everyone should read this book. Everyone NEEDS to read this book. I would recommend this to Laurie Halse Anderson lovers. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for asking me to check out your blog. I am reading all of your reviews now and I love how you have everything set up. How long have you been into books for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I have been into YA books for about 2 years. The first YA books I read were Paper Towns by John Green and Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...